There are presently no open calls for submissions.
By&By reads year-round. We welcome submissions of any poetic form or style, including but not limited to formal poetry (especially pantoums, sonnets, and invented forms), experimental poetry, found poetry, and, of course, free verse. Please submit poems that you’re really proud of. Try us: we’re open to a diversity of topics, perspectives, and methods.
- Please limit submissions to 5 poems
- Combine your pieces into a single .pdf/.doc/.docx/.rtf format document and attach this document to your submission email
- Simultaneous submissions are encouraged, simply notify us via submittable (either add a note or edit the submission) as soon as a piece is accepted elsewhere. Congrats!
- If you receive a notice of rejection, please kindly wait for a period of at least 1 month before your next submission unless otherwise stated
- At this time, we are not considering previously published work, online or elsewhere
- By&By claims first publication and archival rights to accepted pieces
- We function on a 100% unsolicited submission basis